Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Handmaid's Tale

An entry from Offred's secret diary:

Dear diary,

Today, I went shopping with Ofglen, we brought all the food we needed inclusing ORANGES, it has been a long time since I had an orange so I was tempted to buy it straight away! After buying the list one of the Marthas gave me, we went past the church through the Wall. To be honest, the reason I wanted to pass the Church is to see the Wall. Today bodies six bodies were hanged by the necks, their hands tied in front of them, their heads in white bags. I felt scared and I was shivering because seeing my future in front of me is something hard to accept. It was men's Salvaging today and I wanted to see if Luke was one of the dead bodies, I always look at the Wall as I pass it, in the hope of seeing him, not hanged and dead, but because I miss him so much I want to see his face again.

3 comments:

  1. WWW: good use of language

    EBI: More detail and longer?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWW - Good use of description
    EBI - Grammar

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWW- like the way you've spoken about Luke, its her personal diary so shows her inner feelings
    Ebi - if it was more detailed maybe

    ReplyDelete