Sunday 3 April 2011

Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs -Interview-

Interview with Christina Lamb

Interviewer: So Christina, does your child matter or your job as a journalist?

Christina: That is a tricky question because I absloutly love my job and want to be with my son. Reporting news has been my passion ever since I was little. All those fighting, gunshooting and travelling by flying, driving, running walking etc. But on the other hand, I don't want my son to grow up without me. I can't bear thinking sometimes when I have something urgent to do, I miss my only chance to talk to him. However, it is hard to answer.

Interviewer: What arguments can you make to justify your choices?

Christina: To be honest, I didn't wan to have a child because I knew I was not going to be there every day. However, fortunatly, my husband helped me a lot, wich made my life easier and being a mother has made me a better reporter because having a child has changed my life a lot.

Interviewer: What would your child to if you die?

Christina: I believe Lourenco will know how much I love my job and my death will affect him, but I know my husband will always be there for him, no matter what happens to me. I thank him here, for all the hard work he has put in to look after him, as much as I would have, if I was there.

Interviewer: What do you want to do in the future?

Christina: I want to stay at home with my husband and dear son in the near future because I want to be closer to them and try to fill in all the years I have been separated from them.

4 comments:

  1. WWW : a reasonable length, you have made it clear that you know what the task is.

    EBI : do not write straight on the your blog, a lot of special mistakes
    Expression communicates ideas but lacks sophistication and flexibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWW- Good reference to the book and putting yourself in the character of Christina Lamb.



    EBI- Check the minor errors as some sentences make no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWW
    You put yourself in the characters mind.

    EBI
    Mistakes were not present.
    Had more depth to piece.

    15/25

    ReplyDelete
  4. www certainly you have engaged with the ideas within the text during your recast and followed the general form of the interview.

    ebi you ned to draw more explicitly on the text and explore the incidents, anecdotes and language that the original writer uses. This feels too general.

    COMMENTARY: a commentary is extremely useful in developing your recast skills as it helps you identify what you are not doing as well as what you are.

    ReplyDelete